- v50 information can now be added to pages in the main namespace. v0.47 information can still be found in the DF2014 namespace. See here for more details on the new versioning policy.
- Use this page to report any issues related to the migration.
|This article is about an older version of DF.|
Stone crafter is the skill associated with the stonecrafting labor. Stonecrafters create goods such as mugs, crafts, instruments, and toys as well as short swords, jugs, pots, nest boxes and hives from loose stone at a craftsdwarf's workshop. On maps with an obsidian layer, embarking with a Proficient stonecrafter can produce more valuable obsidian trade goods for your early exchanges with the caravans and also provide short swords for your military and any weapon traps you choose to build.
Because stone exists in abundance and is rather a nuisance than a valuable resource in most fortresses, turning some unemployed dwarves into stonecrafters and having them create rock goods is a good way to get rid of some stone while also creating some trade goods. See stone management for other ways to control your stone production.
- Skilled stonecrafters can produce up to 3 small objects at a time from a single stone.
- Large pots are suitable to replace barrels in most applications, freeing up less abundant wood for other uses (primarily beds and bins)
- Rock short swords can only be produced with "sharpenable hard rock" -- specifically, obsidian -- and require wood for their handles as well.
Bookbinder · Bone carver · Clothier · Glassmaker · Glazer · Leatherworker · Papermaker · Potter · Stone crafter · Strand extractor · Wax worker · Weaver · Wood crafter
Critical thinker · Logician · Mathematician · Astronomer · Chemist · Geographer · Optics engineer · Fluid engineer · Wordsmith · Writer
Alchemist · Balance · Coordination · Druid