Any Workshop Farming:
|This article is about the current version of DF.|
The Farmer's workshop is the workshop used for any jobs involving processing plants or animal products. It is built from any construction material, and must be built by a dwarf with the Plant processing, Milking, Shearer, Spinner, or Cheese making labors enabled. Gelding also occurs at a farmer's workshop. This is not a selectable menu option: instead, any animals that are designated to be gelded will automatically be assigned a gelding job at a farmer's workshop.
- () Process Plants - make thread from plants (pig tails, rope reed, flax plants, jute plants, hemp plants, cotton plants, ramie plants, and kenaf plants)
- () Process Plants (Barrel) - with an empty barrel, turn sweet pods into dwarven syrup & seeds
- () Process Plants (Vial) - with an empty vial, turn valley herbs into golden salve
- () Make Cheese - make cheese from any milk
- () Milk Creature - with an empty bucket, milk a milkable creature
- () Shear Creature - shear wool from alpacas, llamas and sheep (or tame troll)
- () Spin Thread - make thread from wool (see previous), or from hair from other creatures
- () Process plant to bag - with an empty bag, process quarry bushes into leaves and rock nuts
- (n/a) Make sheet from plant - make papyrus sheets from the papyrus sedge plant
- If a text is red then you lack the raw material to perform that task.
- Turn plants into thread, for weaving at a loom.
- Turn certain plants into food and extracts
- Harvest milk and turn it into cheese.