v50 Steam/Premium information for editors
- v50 information can now be added to pages in the main namespace. v0.47 information can still be found in the DF2014 namespace. See here for more details on the new versioning policy.
- Use this page to report any issues related to the migration.
This notice may be cached—the current version can be found here.
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|This article is about an older version of DF.|
- For a comparison of different weapons, see Weapon.
A spear is a piercing weapon that is essentially a sharply pointed blade mounted on the end of a long handle. Spears are half the size of pikes, but only suffer a 17% decrease in penetration.
Spears use and train the speardwarf skill. Dwarves can forge spears out of any weapon-grade metal but those with superior edge properties are more effective. For purposes of building a realistic danger room a less lethal wooden spears may be used if purchased from elves first. All dwarves can equip spears, but some must use two hands.
Spears may also be installed in upright spear traps, allowing them to be mechanically operated; this is particularly useful for constructing danger rooms.
Forging and Melting
- Metal spears cost one metal bar to forge, or three adamantine wafers.
- When a non-adamantine metal spear is melted down, it will return 0.9 metal bars, for an efficiency of 90%.
- When an adamantine spear is melted down, it will produce 0.9 wafers, for an efficiency of 30%
[ITEM_WEAPON:ITEM_WEAPON_SPEAR] [NAME:spear:spears] [SIZE:400] [SKILL:SPEAR] [TWO_HANDED:47500] [MINIMUM_SIZE:5000] amphibian men, etc., need variants [MATERIAL_SIZE:3] [ATTACK:EDGE:20:10000:stab:stabs:NO_SUB:1000] [ATTACK:BLUNT:10000:6000:bash:bashes:shaft:1250]
|Ranged and ammunition|
Flail · Mace · Maul · War hammer · Whip
Battle axe · Great axe · Halberd · Long sword · Scimitar · Scourge · Short sword · Two-handed sword
Dagger · Morningstar · Pick · Pike · Spear
|See also: Attack types|