v50 Steam/Premium information for editors
- v50 information can now be added to pages in the main namespace. v0.47 information can still be found in the DF2014 namespace. See here for more details on the new versioning policy.
- Use this page to report any issues related to the migration.
This notice may be cached—the current version can be found here.
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|This article is about an older version of DF.|
- For a comparison of different weapons, see Weapon.
A mace is a blunt weapon that consists of a rounded or flanged weight mounted on the end of a handle. Despite similarities to a morningstar in appearance, a mace is 60% larger and has twice the contact area. Compared to the other native impact weapon, maces are twice the size of war hammers, with twice the contact area.
Maces use and train the macedwarf skill. Dwarves can forge maces out of any weapons-grade metal, though those with higher densities (like silver) tend to cause more damage. All dwarves can equip maces, though a tiny fraction must use two hands.
Forging and Melting
- Maces cost one metal bar to forge, or three adamantine wafers.
- When a non-adamantine mace is melted down, it will return 0.9 metal bars, for an efficiency of 90%.
- When an adamantine mace is melted down, it will produce 0.9 wafers, for an efficiency of 30%
[ITEM_WEAPON:ITEM_WEAPON_MACE] [NAME:mace:maces] [SIZE:800] [SKILL:MACE] [TWO_HANDED:37500] [MINIMUM_SIZE:32500] [MATERIAL_SIZE:3] [ATTACK:BLUNT:20:200:bash:bashes:NO_SUB:2000]
|Ranged and ammunition|
Flail · Mace · Maul · War hammer · Whip
Battle axe · Great axe · Halberd · Long sword · Scimitar · Scourge · Short sword · Two-handed sword
Dagger · Morningstar · Pick · Pike · Spear
|See also: Attack types|