v50 Steam/Premium information for editors
- v50 information can now be added to pages in the main namespace. v0.47 information can still be found in the DF2014 namespace. See here for more details on the new versioning policy.
- Use this page to report any issues related to the migration.
This notice may be cached—the current version can be found here.
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|This article is about an older version of DF.|
The Bowyer's workshop is a Tier 1 workshop used to make wooden or bone Crossbows. It requires any stone, wood or block to build, and must be built by a dwarf with the Crossbow making labor enabled.
Take note that the entire left column of the workshop is composed of impassable tiles, making it easy to accidentally trap dwarves inside the workshop after it is built.
- Because of the ubiquity of ores and fuel, and thus metal, it is usually easier to make crossbows at a metalsmith's forge, as it does not require an otherwise useless workshop. However, moody dwarves will occasionally require a Bowyer's workshop, and will eventually go insane if one is not available.
- Use of a Crossbow also requires Bolts, which are made in a Craftsdwarf's workshop, and a Quiver, made in a Leather works.
- Other Weapons
- Craftsdwarf's workshop for making bolts
Glass furnace (Magma) · Kiln (Magma) · Smelter (Magma) · Wood furnace
Clutter · Kennel · Shop · Trade depot