v50 Steam/Premium information for editors
- v50 information can now be added to pages in the main namespace. v0.47 information can still be found in the DF2014 namespace. See here for more details on the new versioning policy.
- Use this page to report any issues related to the migration.
This notice may be cached—the current version can be found here.
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|This article is about an older version of DF.|
Cloth is made at Loom from threads of plant fiber, yarn/hair, silk or adamantine:
- cave spider silk, found in underground caverns
- phantom spider silk, found in evil forests
- giant cave spider silk, found near giant cave spiders
- rope reed thread, found/grown above ground
- pig tail thread, found/grown underground
- Yarn thread, sheared from animals or from butchered corpses
- Adamantine strands, extracted from Raw adamantine
Cloth is woven from thread. Silk is gathered as thread, but a Farmer's workshop is necessary to Process plant fiber and Spin yarn/hair into their thread forms.
Elves bring large amounts of rope reed cloth when they arrive for trading in the spring.
One newly made piece of cloth is worth 10000 'cloth units' and a thread is worth 15000 units of thread, according to the hospital.
Cloth can be fashioned into clothing or bags at a Clothier's shop, or made into crafts at a craftsdwarf's workshop. Empty bags and quivers, cloth crafts and clothing can be decorated with cloth at a craftsdwarf's workshop.
Cloth can be dyed at a dyer's shop.
- Note: While other metals can be made into cloth, the same as Adamantine, the cloth cannot further be worked without new reactions.