v50 Steam/Premium information for editors
- v50 information can now be added to pages in the main namespace. v0.47 information can still be found in the DF2014 namespace. See here for more details on the new versioning policy.
- Use this page to report any issues related to the migration.
This notice may be cached—the current version can be found here.
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|This article is about an older version of DF.|
Cassiterite is the only ore (in DF) that can be smelted into tin. This ore can also be smelted with others to create bronze, trifle pewter, and fine pewter. In the world of Dwarf Fortress, cassiterite is only found in layers of granite, as veins.
Cassiterite is a required ingredient to make several types of metal alloy bars from ore at a smelter:
- Tin bars
- Bronze bars - with native copper, malachite, or tetrahedrite
- Trifle pewter bars - with native copper, malachite or tetrahedrite (takes 2 cassiterite)
- Fine pewter bars - with native copper, malachite or tetrahedrite (takes 3 cassiterite)
The above can also be made from bars of tin combined with bars of the appropriate metals. Note that bismuth bronze and lay pewter, both of which require tin, cannot be made directly from cassiterite, but must first be smelted into tin bars.
See metal for a full discussion of formulae and options.
[MATGLOSS_STONE:CASSITERITE] [NAME:cassiterite][COLOR:6:7:0][TILE:156] [ENVIRONMENT:ALLUVIAL:CLUSTER_SMALL:100] [ENVIRONMENT_SPEC:GRANITE:VEIN:100] [ITEM_SYMBOL:'*'] [METAL_ORE:TIN:100] [VALUE:2]
Alabaster · Alunite · Anhydrite · Bauxite · Borax · Brimstone · Chromite · Cinnabar · Cobaltite · Cryolite · Graphite · Gypsum · Hornblende · Ilmenite · Jet · Kaolinite · Kimberlite · Marcasite · Mica · Microcline · Olivine · Orpiment · Orthoclase · Periclase · Petrified wood · Pitchblende · Puddingstone · Pyrolusite · Realgar · Rutile · Saltpeter · Satinspar · Selenite · Serpentine · Stibnite · Sylvite · Talc