v0.31 Talk:Personality trait
The traits seem pretty much unchanged from 40d, but there are a few new ones, like "She always points at others when greeting them." What does that mean? Garanis 16:58, 6 April 2010 (UTC)
Those are little habits and mannerisms added to dwarfs, like I got a dwarf that "always sticks his tongue out while thinking hard" and another that "speaks softly when angry" I don't know if these are just flavor or if they have any gameplay effect though. 220.127.116.11
- I guess I just never noticed those before... Garanis 17:26, 6 April 2010 (UTC)
- Toady mentioned several times that new "mannerisms" would be added to the dwarves. Not clear if they have any interaction other than purely cosmetic (but I wouldn't put it past them).--Albedo 18:39, 6 April 2010 (UTC)
- I set one of my haulers to temporary nursing duty, disabling all of his duties except for Feed/Water Wounded. He proceeded to sit on his butt On Break for a solid season while my wounded starved and dehydrated into the red levels. I watched a no-skill furnace operator complete three furnace op jobs and then fetched a bucket of water for the dying while my "nurse" continued to sit on break, eat, drink and try to throw a party, instead of feeding the injured. Later, I checked in Dwarf Therapist and saw that he had a 23 in Sympathy. It's not just that he gained a negative thought from helping others, he actually refused to do it. Coincidence? --Romeofalling 05:18, 2 October 2010 (UTC)
Artistic Interest. Does it have any effect on how well a dwarf performs certain jobs? like carpentry. --Genemos 08:25, 15 November 2010 (UTC)
Mixed up attributes
FRIENDLINESS and GREGARIOUSNESS were listed with their descriptions swapped around - which one is actually responsible for blocking out the Conversationalist skill? --Quietust 03:41, 23 April 2011 (UTC)
- The skill now known as FRIENDLINESS stops experience gain in Conversationalist. GREGARIOUSNESS doesn't seem to have anything to do with it. --Knaveofstaves 05:09, 23 April 2011 (UTC)
Unused traits ??
Are the traits without effect confirmed to do nothing? I think some of them may have influence in thoughts or other behaviour, these are my guesses:
Token Trait ACHIEVEMENT_STRIVING - Excellence / Mediocrity - quality levels? ACTIVITY_LEVEL - Activeness / Relaxedness - slack, sleep, party? ADVENTUROUSNESS - Adventure - rusting skills-attr, adv. mode? ALTRUISM - Helpfulness - help wounded/? >healthcare -> "Took someone to bed recently" thought ANGER - Rage - enraged/? >military ANXIETY - Nervousness - military? ARTISTIC_INTEREST - Artistic - noticing furniture, statues? probably triggers the "Admired a (good quality) (object) lately" thought ASSERTIVENESS - Leadership - persuader/? >manager, military, leader? CAUTIOUSNESS - Cautiousness - leader, manager, military? CHEERFULNESS - Optimism - ?? COOPERATION - Compromising - pacifier/intimidator DEPRESSION - Depression - ?? DUTIFULNESS - Lawfulness - justice?? EMOTIONALITY - Emotion - ?? EXCITEMENT_SEEKING - Thrillseeking - adv. mode, military?/ FRIENDLINESS - Company - party?, social?/working? GREGARIOUSNESS - Friendly - Conversationalist/?? IMAGINATION - Imagination - ? IMMODERATION - Urge - stops work?? INTELLECTUAL_CURIOSITY - Thinking - ?? LIBERALISM - Rebelliousness - ? MODESTY - Modesty - ORDERLINESS - Organization - bookepper? military? SELF_CONSCIOUSNESS - Neurosis - ?/comedian SELF_DISCIPLINE - Perseverance - on_break SELF_EFFICACY - Confidence - ? STRAIGHTFORWARDNESS - Honesty - consoler/flaterer-liar SYMPATHY - Compassion - healtcare?/? feed patient/prisioner??? thought TRUST - Trusting - ? VULNERABILITY - Stress - ?/military??
--Kaos 15:22, 9 May 2011 (UTC)
- I'm thinking that Anger makes dwarves more likely to go berserk from going mad, Depression to melancholy, and Activity level (or something else, not so sure about this one) to insane. 18.104.22.168 17:41, 16 June 2011 (UTC)
Would altruism also affect things like giving food and water to other people? 22.214.171.124 17:20, 16 June 2011 (UTC)
- From what I've read on the forums, it has a pronounced affect on giving food and water, as well as on medical care. Doctors who have low altruism will perform almost any other job before medical work.GhostDwemer 21:55, 16 June 2011 (UTC)
Relieved from duty
I was checking the thoughts and preferences of apparently Urist McLikestobeonduty, as "She was upset about being relieved from duty." the closest thing to liking duty as a Personality trait was "She prefers familiar routines." This is also a little strange because she's still in the military. 126.96.36.199 17:36, 16 June 2011 (UTC)
- I usually see such reaction if they have a civilian skill higher than military ( weapon and combat ) skills at end of month, due to a bug that makes them revert to civilian job and switching them back to military. Is that happening to you? AutomataKittay 07:38, 17 June 2011 (UTC)
- Military dwarves get upset about being relived from duty if they become a Peasant, just as civilian dwarves get upset about the draft if they become a Recruit. --Quietust 14:27, 17 June 2011 (UTC)
IMAGINATION\ACHIEVEMENT_STRIVING - Drastically affects chance to create Masterpiece and overall production quality. Mason with traits "has a fertile imagination"+"thinks it is incredibly important to strive for excellence"+"very good creativity"(+"very strong"+"agile") creates Masterpieces about 5-6 times more often, then another one with equal skill and equal happiness level, but with traits "indefatigable"+"great creativity"("great spatial sence"+"great focus") "thinks it is incredibly important to strive for excellence" here is related to ACHIEVEMENT_STRIVING. Dunno what here is the most valueble, but fact: a) "has a fertile imagination"+"thinks it is incredibly important to strive for excellence"+"very good creativity"+"very strong"+"agile" ~ 200 masterpieces when b)"indefatigable"+"great creativity"+"great spatial sence"+"great focus" - only about 40. Both guys were from the starting 7, both had same skills and equal job\life\happiness conditions, even the workshops stood next to each other. ACTIVITY_LEVEL seems also to have some effect on productivity, "indefatigable" - too. "strong"+"indefatigable" Miner does Really more job\time then just a "strong" one.