I currently (0.43.05) have an adventurer that is wearing 99 earrings in her left ear and 104 in her right ear. They were put in alternating ears starting with the right until they each had 99 at which point 5 in a row went in the right ear.
Rings go on fingers similarly; one each on right thumb then left thumb, right 1st finger, left 1st, ... right 1st toe, left 1st toe, ... (I haven't yet tried to see how many will fit, that's a lot of rings.)
Hmm, does this mean her ears have 99 and 104 coverage? Is 1 coverage 99 times the same as 99 coverage?
- She now has 29 rings on each of her 20 digits. She doesn't feel like crafting 1400+ more to see if they top out at 99. Or getting most of her digits cut off. (I could change the reaction, but would still have to put them on.)
- Let's try bracelets and amulets. Bracelets also alternate hands starting with the right, under gauntlets and over gloves. (Rings and earrings seem to ignore armor, which makes sense as they go on parts that don't have their own armor.)
- Crowns do go on over helms, which is to say a helm put on after a crown will be listed just before the crown. But an amulet put on after that will be listed after the crown. Seems amulets are the same layer as crowns since a helm put on after an amulet will will listed just before the amulet.
- So, 98 bracelets on left hand, 126 on right hand. Wearing gloves and gauntlets. Removed left glove and 1 right bracelet, then wearing that bracelet puts it on the left (99:125). She can then wear the left glove on the left hand again, can take the gloves and gauntlets off and then wear them again, and can still only have 99 on left even if wearing neither glove nor gauntlet.
- Seems bracelets and gloves are the same layer and there is a soft limit for jewelry of 99 objects per layer per body part. Jewelry still has layer size 0 or she would not have been able to put the gloves or gauntlets back on.
- She doesn't see any point in trying amulets or crowns without a second head. Notably, she is currently wearing 2 crowns and 1 amulet.
Are earrings still limitted to 11 per ear for fortress dwarves? That limit isn't there for adventurers. I hav a vague memory of reading that 11 was based on someone's decompile info. But it's not in the old talk pages, gonna see if I can find that. Ziusudra (talk) 06:28, 27 February 2021 (UTC)
- Might hav been arena mode and this forum post: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=72859.msg1814755#msg1814755 Not sure how that was tested since you currently can't give spawned creatures rings, bone carving maybe. Ah, no, a later post on that thread says custom reactions. Might test later, but can we trust arena and/or adventurer mode to be the same as fort mode? Ziusudra (talk) 07:30, 27 February 2021 (UTC)
Do helms and crowns really conflict
Is it true in fortress mode that helms and crowns conflict? Because the picture in the previous sentence shows an adventurer wearing both. And I have an vanilla adventurer wearing a steel helm and 104 bone crowns. Ziusudra (talk) 23:59, 17 February 2020 (UTC)