v50 Steam/Premium information for editors
- v50 information can now be added to pages in the main namespace. v0.47 information can still be found in the DF2014 namespace. See here for more details on the new versioning policy.
- Use this page to report any issues related to the migration.
This notice may be cached—the current version can be found here.
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|This article is about an older version of DF.|
- For a comparison of different weapons, see Weapon.
A war hammer is a blunt weapon that is essentially a hammer with a long handle. A war hammer is half the size of a mace with half the contact area as well, and less than 1/3 the size of a maul. Because blunt damage focused in a small contact area is mostly unaffected by armor, war hammers are considered one of the best weapons for fighting humanoid opponents.
War hammers use and train the hammerdwarf skill. Dwarves can forge effective war hammers out of any weapons-grade metal, though those with higher densities (like silver) or higher impact fracture/yields (like steel) tend to cause more damage. All dwarves can equip war hammers, though a tiny fraction must use two hands.
Forging and melting
- Metal war hammers cost one metal bar to forge, or three adamantine wafers.
- When a non-adamantine metal war hammer is melted down, it will return 0.9 metal bars, for an efficiency of 90%.
- When an adamantine war hammer is melted down, it will produce 0.9 wafers, for an efficiency of 30%
|"War hammer" in other Languages
[ITEM_WEAPON:ITEM_WEAPON_HAMMER_WAR] [NAME:war hammer:war hammers] [SIZE:400] [SKILL:HAMMER] [TWO_HANDED:37500] [MINIMUM_SIZE:32500] [MATERIAL_SIZE:3] [ATTACK:BLUNT:10:200:bash:bashes:NO_SUB:2000] [ATTACK_PREPARE_AND_RECOVER:3:3]
|Ranged and ammunition|
Flail · Mace · Maul · Training weapons · War hammer · Whip
Battle axe · Great axe · Halberd · Long sword · Scimitar · Scourge · Short sword · Two-handed sword
Dagger · Morningstar · Pick · Pike · Spear
|See also: Attack types|