|This article is about an older version of DF.|
- cave spider silk, found in underground caverns
- phantom spider silk, found in evil forests
- giant cave spider silk, found near giant cave spiders
- brown recluse spider silk, found in temperate broadleaf forests
- rope reed thread, found/grown above ground
- pig tail thread, found/grown underground
- Yarn thread, sheared from animals or from butchered corpses
- Adamantine strands, extracted from Raw adamantine
Cloth is woven from thread. Silk is gathered as thread, but a Farmer's workshop is necessary to Process plant fiber and Spin yarn/hair into their thread forms.
Cloth can be fashioned into clothing or bags at a Clothier's shop, or made into crafts at a craftsdwarf's workshop. Empty bags and quivers, cloth crafts and clothing can be decorated with cloth at a craftsdwarf's workshop.
Cloth can be dyed at a dyer's shop.
- Note: While other metals can be made into cloth, the same as Adamantine, the cloth cannot further be worked without new reactions.