Hiya! Over on Rick's page, you said "I personally was looking forward to that info so I could use reveal.exe to examine potential fortress locations in newly created 33g worlds, so it is much appreciated." Would you be willing to beta-test a utility that may help you? It's the Seekret Projekt section of my page. Leave feedback at my user talk page.
—0x517A5D 18:17, 22 December 2007 (EST)
- Sure thing. --Janus 21:44, 22 December 2007 (EST)
FYI, the reason bauxite is noted in map locations is because they're the only thing that you can make magma proof mechanisms from.
Yes, iron and others are magma proof as well, but if you want to move the magma anywhere other than along a channel, then you need the bauxite. --Edward 06:35, 26 January 2008 (EST)
- Well, technically, adamantine ore could make magma-proof mechanisms as well, right? ;-)
- Technically, yes... it'd make about as much sense as waiting to get Bauxite from the elves instead :P --Edward 16:41, 26 January 2008 (EST)
- When I posted that location I was thinking that raw iron could be used to make magma-proof mechanisms... not true, eh? I'll modify the listing. --Janus 07:04, 26 January 2008 (EST)
- I think you can, but raw iron's melting point is the same as most stones. --Edward 16:41, 26 January 2008 (EST)
Ads and bandwidth
Maybe you should put some ads on DFFD and increase the bandwidth? Anyway, thanks for making DFFD. It's a great resource.
- The main problem there is that I hate ads. At most I might put up a Donate button, but from experience on a couple of other sites those haven't done me much good. Of course, Tarn is a poster case for donations actually working, so... --Janus 04:29, 3 April 2011 (UTC)
Thanks for pointing that out, apparently we lost it during some server upgrades we did last month. By the way, in the future use ~~~~ to sign your talk page comments, makes it a bit easier for me to get back to you. :) Emi [T] 02:20, 3 March 2012 (UTC)
- Ah, right, sorry about that. It's been ages since I posted anything to a wiki, so my standard wiki etiquette failed me. --Janus 07:56, 3 March 2012 (UTC)